Tema: Videogame terminology

Recap, I just have to ask. Do you even have a reason for writing 360 as "3-60"? If so, I would be enormously interested in finding out what it is.

Re: Videogame terminology

I thought you'd never ask... For the console's name, much like English speakers, we don't say "three hundred and sixty" here, but "three-sixty" (I mean the Spanish counterpart, obviously). But unlike English, it's incorrect reading "360" as "three-sixty" in Spanish. So I just write what everybody says.

It's some sort of a tongue-in-cheek, anyway. After five years or so I still can't get used to the ridiculousness of the console's name.

Recap escribió:

After five years or so I still can't get used to the ridiculousness of the console's name.

I had forgotten all about this. Even the "Wii" seems natural to me at this point. In hindsight, it IS more natural than the fuckin' "Xbox 360". God, what a dumb idea that was. It will be interesting to see what they name its successor. If we fucking ever get one, that is. Before we know it it'll be a decade without ANY new consoles out.

If only they had had that mentality then in the SS/PS era...

Everything regarding XB360's aesthetics was "dumb", not just the name, as one would always expect from Americans. The console's external design itself --no matter how many Japanese they hired for it-- will get a place in history for the bad taste involved. Quote me on that.