Tema: What has become of Insomnia.ac and Kierkegaard?

Hi there!

I'm a longtime reader of Insomnia.ac and have of course encountered Recap's expert reviews and comments there. I'm also familiar with some of Recap's essays, such as "A Matter of Visual Precision". I hope that Kierkegaard's and Recap's respective communities overlap and I can find help here.

The reason I'm writing is that Insomnia.ac seems to be out of action permanently. As I'm sure you all know it was hacked this summer. I was hoping that Kierkegaard would recover his site or inform longtime readers of a new, more secure site. As this has not happened so far, I would like to inquire if anyone here knows of a new website or blog of his. I was a (small and only financial) contributor to his site and would certainly be willing to help with the financing of a new site, if that's what is needed.

I apologize for this somewhat off-topic post and hope that you can help me.

Best wishes

Hal

Re: What has become of Insomnia.ac and Kierkegaard?

It's working fine for me.

The main page has not been updated since the hack (which redirected all traffic to the hackers' site and their IRC conversation with icycalm for a few days). And the forums are inaccessible, at least to me. I get the following message: "Sorry, but this board is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

Alex has always been a prolific writer so I have a hard time imagining he'd stay offline and silent for weeks. Then again, this episode might have spurred him to finish his book(s). That would be great.

Have you been in touch with him, Recap? Do you know anything about the status of his book(s)?

Not really. Though I would like to know, too.

Wow! Insomnia is back (at culture.vg) and it looks damn good. Some parts are still under construction but there is new content already.

Did you perchance have anything to do with the resurrection, Recap?

Anyway, I'm off to dig into the new stuff.

Best wishes

Hal